Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I'm not as good at this thing called life as I originally thought

So, I started a new job a couple of weeks ago...I really don't like it all that much. Or maybe I do. I don't know. All I know is that I LOATHE going there everyday. I work nights and most of the time, I'm stuck in the kitchen. Ordinarily not a major thing...Except that I have to pull apart a pizza dough roller and put it back together again. Pulling it apart is not the problem...Quite the contrary as a matter of fact. I'm the queen of taking the darn thing apart...Getting it back together, well that's another story all together. So tonight, I cheated. I only took apart most of it and left some of it. Cleaned it as best as I could in its' aforementioned state....
On another note, yet still the same story, I told my husband (in a very emotional and tearful discussion) that I was going job hunting again on Friday..Nothing wrong with that is there? Well, you would think that I had started WWIII. I don't understand why he can't understand how come I'm not happy in this new job endeavour. Why the argument? Why try to be all macho and father like telling me "you aren't quitting this damn job"...I'll tell you all one thing about me and that is, you tell me I am not allowed to do something, and I'm going to go out of my way to do exactly that. Call me headstrong, call me an instigator...Whatever...I'm just trying to do what everyone else in life does: BE HAPPY!
Maybe I'm walking around with a giant chip on my shoulder and being completely unreasonable. I don't know. I can't imagine anyone working in the conditions I work in. I know one thing for sure: I can't go on like this anymore. I can't work at a job where I haven't been properly trained in THEIR procedures. I can't work at a job where they don't allow you to call in, even if you are sick unless you find a replacement for your shift (and let me just say this right now: the people I work with are definitely not willing to work an extra shift)
I'm tired of not being home at night to work on my marriage. I'm tired of my house looking like shit because I sleep all day until I have to go to work. Let's face it. Sleep is what you do when you're feeling down & out and depressed. Or at least it's what I do. My mother in law tells me I need to go job hunting. My best friend says the same thing. The husband....well obviously not so much. I hate this feeling of inadequacy. I'm usually good at the jobs I take on. I do my best and I take pride in my work. So what the hell is wrong with me in this instance??? It's all very frustrating and confusing to me. It's a very hard pill to swallow that I'm not good at my job. Completely new experience for me. For now, I need to get some sleep. Cuz it all begins again tomorrow...UGGGHH

1 comment:

  1. IMHO you should try to find another job. If you are truly that unhappy. And tell hubby that an unhappy wife will = an unhappy husband. As long as you have something set up before you quit, why does it matter? (((HUGS))) to you my friend!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete